Friday, November 5, 2010

EVE OF RELEASE

Well, it's 2 days until my next album BE BRAVE is released and I'm feeling pretty excited and scared and awesome all at once.  Just got back from a sunrise hike with my buddy Kyle.  Wow.  Hiking up the mountain in the dark.  Got to the top of the hill.  Still Dark.  Light just showing.  Stars in the sky.  Looking up I felt so grateful to be there.  Then bam ....Shooting Star!!!!  Kyle didn't see it.  It was just for me!!!  I probably can count the shooting stars I've seen in LA on one hand.  WOW!  It relaxed me and told me "Molly it's all good, it's all magic! Enjoy!"  

So I'm heading into this thing with eyes and heart wide open.  That crazy Creed song just went thru my brain. "WITH ARMS WIDE OPEN!" Haha.  All I know is, it has been such a blast to make this 2nd album. From soup to nuts.  Bob's super love and support and encouragement to take my songs and jump off the diving board.  John Spiker!!!! Man oh man oh man oh man.  I just can't say enough about this super talented awesome human being. What a great guy and great producer! What he has done with my songs is just mind-blowing.  He is the mastermind behind BE BRAVE.  He played a million instruments, sang harmonies alongside me, rallied and found all our guest artists.  Recorded everything, mixed everything.  The guy is a genius.  Seriously I thank Kyle for introducing me to Spiker.  We had so much fun creating this.   Kelly Johnston appearing magically to help with artwork/webdesign.  Wait til you see.  So beautiful! My buddy John Konesky giving me advice left and right on the how-to's of getting VINYL pressed and a bunch of other things I had no clue about.  I'm just grateful for all these amazing talented people.  And most of all I'm grateful to be able to sing and share my very own songs with all of you.  Hope you get a copy and listen to BE BRAVE. It's going to be up at the store NOV 7th www.mollybryantmusic.com  as well as www.cdbaby.com and itunes and rhapsody and all that by next week.  If you like what you hear spread the word!  
Here's to new beginnings and creating!

Let's BE BRAVE!!!! xoxo mollyb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sunday night was rocking!!!! Molly, you are awesome and El Chavito will never be the same. You are so talented and love love love the album..... I laughed I cried..... Onward.... Kate